Looking for some new ways to serve your green beans? Try this one on your family!
1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 scallions (spring onions, green onions), white parts only, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
pepper to taste, optional
2 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil for stir-frying, or as needed
1. Wash the beans, drain thoroughly, and trim the tops and bottoms.
2. Cut the beans on the diagonal into slices approximately 2 inches long.
3. Chop the garlic, ginger and white part of the scallions.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they start to shrivel or “pucker” and turn brown (5 – 7 minutes).
5. Remove the green beans and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions.
7. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the chili sauce and stir-fry for a few more seconds until aromatic.
8. Add the green beans and the remaining ingredients. Mix together and serve with steamed rice.