Allison S. shares this recipe on her site, “Key Lime Coconut.” Although the original recipe calls for an English cucumber, we found regular cucumbers can be used with equally good results.
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 bunch Radishes, washed and sliced (about 6 to 8 large radishes)
1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced into half rings
1 cup sliced Cucumber, any variety (about 1/2 to 3/4 of one cucumber)
1/4 cup Olive oil
2 Tablespoons White wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Dill
To prepare the salad:
1. Place sliced radishes in a small bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain off any water in the bowl.
2. Place the radishes into your salad serving bowl.
3. Add the sliced red onions and cucumbers.
To prepare the vinaigrette:
1. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, minced garlic and dried dill in a small mixing bowl or a glass measuring cup.
2. Pour over the entire salad and lightly toss to coat.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve cold.