Offered on the website “vegetariantimes.com”, this savory dish is an excellent accompaniment to grilled chicken or pork chops. Once you have all the prep work done, the cooking process goes rather quickly!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 Tablespoons fresh Orange juice
2 Tablespoons unseasoned Rice vinegar
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Soy sauce or Tamari
1 teaspoon Honey
1 medium head Bok choy
2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
1 bunch Radishes, quartered, or halved if small (1 3/4 cups)
2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced (1 Tablespoon)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh Ginger
1 teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons chopped Cashews, optional
Green onion greens for garnish (optional)
1. Whisk together orange juice, rice vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in small bowl; set aside.
2. Cut greens from bok choy and keep separate from stems. Cut stems into ½-inch slices (you should have about 4½ cups).
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes and cook, without stirring, 3 minutes. Add bok choy stems and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1/2 cup green onions, and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and ginger, and sauté 1 minute. Add bok choy greens and salt, and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Stir orange juice sauce again to ensure it remains thoroughly mixed. Add sauce to pan and stir well to coat. Garnish each serving with 1 Tablespoon chopped cashews (if using) and 1 teaspoon green-onion greens.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...