Recipe provided by Genius Kitchen
1⁄2 small kabocha squash
3 tablespoons light brown sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or hot chili powder)
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking liner or parchment paper.
2. De-seed and cut the squash into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients. Toss the squash slices in this until coated thoroughly. Add the soy sauce and toss well again.
4. Spread the slices in a singler layer on the baking sheet and drizzle them with the oil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn over, drizzle with more oil and sprinkle more sugar, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve hot or at room temperature.