Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium carrot
2 cloves garlic
1 can white kidney beans (cannellini)
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
3 teaspoons fresh sage leaves
2 small acorn squash
1 medium tomato
Fresh sage sprigs for garnish
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
2. Add onion, carrot, and garlic, and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beans, broth, salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons chopped sage; heat to boiling. Cover skillet and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, cut each squash lengthwise in half and remove seeds and strings. Place squash halves in 3-quart
microwave-safe baking dish.
5. Cover and cook in microwave oven on High 6 to 8 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
6. Place squash halves, cut side up, on platter. Fill each half with one-fourth of bean mixture; sprinkle with diced
tomato and remaining 1 teaspoon chopped sage. Garnish with sage sprigs. Serve with Parmesan if you like.