3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 pound russet potatoes, chopped
2 1/2 cups chopped green cabbage
1 large onion, chopped
8 cups or more canned vegetable broth
6 beets, peeled and chopped
1 cup drained chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
low fat sour cream
chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add potatoes, cabbage and onion and saute until cabbage softens, about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, beets and tomatoes. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Working in small batches, puree 4 cups soup in blender, then return to remaining soup in pot. If desired, add more broth by 1/2 cupfuls to thin the soup. Add lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with dollop of sour cream, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...