1 bunch kale
1 bunch lettuce
Ingredients for dressing:
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ cup sunflower seeds or pepitas
1. Remove the stems from the kale and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
2. Peel the kohlrabi, beet, and 2 carrots and chop them into matchsticks (julienne) with a knife or using a food processor.
3. Remove the sections from half of the grapefruit and peel them.
4. In a small canning jar, combine juice from the remaining half grapefruit (around ¼ cup), olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper. Cover the jar and shake vigorously to combine (or whisk all ingredients together in a bowl).
5. To serve, place vegetables on serving plates or in bowls. Top with grapefruit vinaigrette and sunflower seeds or pepitas.