This was one of the first recipes we offered our members in our start-up year. It received so many positive comments that we thought we’d offer it again. It’s easy, fun and quick to prepare. Kids enjoy helping with it, and we heard from our members that even the fussiest eater loved these!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 bunch kale
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Fill a large bowl with water and add kale. Swish around to remove any dirt; drain.
3. Dry thoroughly using a salad spinner or a clean kitchen towel.
4. Tear the kale leaves into 1″-2″ pieces, discarding the ribs, and place in a large bowl.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands until evenly coated.
6. Arrange the leaves in a single layer (with NO overlap) on ungreased cookie sheets.
Rub each leaf gently between your fingers as you work to ensure each is covered in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until leaves are crispy.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...