2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon dried)
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Hot pepper sauce
1. Melt butter in large saucepan.
2. Add the chopped onion and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add chopped squash, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt, white pepper.
4. Add little bit of hot sauce according to your taste
5. Reduce heat and cover.
6. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes – or until squash is tender.
7. Use blender to puree the hot soup.
8. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.