1 lb green beans
1 head or 1.5 lbs cauliflower
3/4 cup skim milk
2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tsp coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into small floret size pieces.
2. Trim and cut green beans into 1.5-2 inch size pieces.
3. Bring medium pot with water to boil. Add a pinch of salt, green beans and cauliflower and boil for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are al dente. You want them to be crunchy and not mushy. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat coconut oil in a medium size pot. Add garlic and onion. Sautee until golden brown.
5. Add milk, flour and paprika and cook for 1 minute, mixing with a whisk. Add cheese and mix again.
6. Cover and cook on low for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. The cheese will melt and the sauce will be ready.
7. Add vegetables and gently mix to combine.
8. Cover, remove from heat and let the ingredients blend together for a couple minutes before serving.
9. Serve warm to enjoy the cheesiness of this dish.