2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 green onions, diced
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray an 8 X 8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Place shredded zucchini in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to allow the liquid to separate from the zucchini.
5. Then strain/squeeze the zucchini dry. You want it as dry as possible.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, and butter.
8. Stir egg mixture into dry mixture just until blended.
9. Fold in veggies and cheese and mix just until incorporated.
10. Spread in greased baking dish and bake 30-40 minutes until top is lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.