These muffins freeze well; they’re nice to have on hand for a breakfast bread or a quick snack.
1 cup white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup finely grated zucchini
1/2 cup finely grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and place rack in the center of the oven. Coat a mini muffin pan with nonstick
2. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup (or honey), egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined.
5. Add the zucchini, carrot and raisins and stir gently until just distributed.
6. Fill each cup in the mini muffin pan approximately 3/4 full (use a small cookie scoop slightly overfilled).
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.