Love jalapeno poppers? This recipe by creator Alea Milham (premeditatedleftovers.com) is a great alternative way to enjoy them.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40-45 minutes
1 medium Spaghetti Squash
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1/4 cup Cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Sour cream
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, plus extra 2 Tablespoons for topping
1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, plus extra 2 Tablespoons for topping
1-2 Jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
4 strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Chopped green Bell pepper, optional
Chopped red Bell pepper, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Brush the squash with olive oil. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes until you can easily puncture the skin of the squash with a fork.
While the squash is roasting make the Jalapeno Popper Dip:
1. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 Monterey Jack cheese, diced jalapeno (reserve some for topping), optional green and red bell pepper, most of the green onion slices (reserve some for topping) and most of the crumbled bacon (reserve some for topping). Stir well.
2. When the spaghetti squash is done baking, use a fork to loosen the strands of the spaghetti squash.
3. Divide the Jalapeno Popper dip between the two halves of the spaghetti squash. Mix the dip into the “noodles” with a fork.
4. Sprinkle the top of each spaghetti squash half with remaining cheese, green onion slices, diced jalapeno peppers, and bacon pieces.
5. Place the spaghetti squash back in the oven and cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...