This recipe was found on Pinterest, shared by Kirsten, who writes at My Kitchen in the Rockies. She suggests it for a healthy breakfast casserole, or as a main dish for dinner. Either way, it’s delicious, nutritious, and filling!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
8 large eggs
3 tablespoons freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch kale (about 10 ounces), stems and center ribs cut away, leaves coarsely chopped
2 ounces pepperoni or thinly sliced Italian spicy salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2/3 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Whisk all the eggs, 1-1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl.
3. Heat olive oil in medium nonstick broiler-proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender but not brown, about 6 minutes.
4. Add kale in 3 batches; toss until each begins to wilt before adding next. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Saute until any liquid in skillet evaporates. Increase heat to medium-high; add salami and garlic to skillet and stir 1 minute.
6. Add eggs to skillet; stir to distribute evenly. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until eggs are almost set but still moist in center, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons cheese over top.
7. Transfer frittata to broiler and cook just until set in center and beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
8. Using flexible spatula, loosen frittata around edges. Slide frittata out onto platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.