1 small Spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds), halved lengthwise and seeded
1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin Olive oil
10 jumbo Shrimps, peeled and deveined (for vegetarian, replace with tofu)
1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 Red onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh Thyme, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon juice, wedges for serving
1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
freshly ground Black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush the sides and middles with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Roast till tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool.
4. Scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands. Place in a large bowl. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper. Coat with 1 teaspoon oil. Let it marinate for at least 10 minutes.
6. Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Cook shrimp until tender. Set aside.
7. Melt the butter in the frying pan on medium heat. Toss in garlic and onion to cook until golden brown or tender, about 5-7 minutes.
8. Add rosemary and thyme. Combine and stir, about 3 minutes, or till herbs give off their aroma.
9. Add spaghetti squash, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir and combine, for about 3 minutes.
10. Add shrimp and any cooking juices. Toss and combine. Remove from heat immediately.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 2 servings.
Produce Featured in this Recipe
Green Top Onions
2022 CSA Enrollment Now Open
Each box will contain fruits and/or vegetables at peak harvest season for that week. Each share also comes with a $20 gift certificate to Great Harvest Bread Company and a $20 gift card to Von Hanson Meats with the first share box! All member options include weekly share boxes and access to special Harvest Events.
View Our CSA Produce by when it is available throughout the CSA Season.
View hundreds of recipes using the produce in our CSA Program.
Pickup Locations Throughout the Twin Cities
Checkout Pickup Locations Throughout the Twin Cities
M-FR: 9am to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Sunday: 9am to 5pm