This week we are including two different recipes using rutabagas. One is shared by Claire, who blogs on Sprinkles and Sprouts. Her recipe uses maple syrup, for a sweeter caramelized version. The other one is a little spicier, for a Greek style version.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
3 small rutabagas
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon dried thyme
fresh thyme (for garnish – optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a roasting pan in the oven to heat up.
2. Peel the rutabagas and cut them into large chunks.
3. Place the rutabagas in a large bowl and dress with the olive oil, maple syrup and dried thyme.
4. Add in a good sprinkle of salt and pepper and toss to combine well.
5. Spoon the rutabagas into the roasting pan, reserving any dressing that has pooled at the bottom of the bowl.
6. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, then drizzle the reserved dressing over them.
7. Cook 15-20 minutes longer, until crisp and golden.
8. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh thyme (Or chives work well too!)