Holly Nilsson shares this and many other quick and easy recipes on her website, “Spend with Pennies.” Her tag line tells it all: “Easy Home Cooked Comfort.”
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
1 Spaghetti squash, cooked
1 pound lean Ground beef
1 Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
15 oz diced canned Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
1 cup Marinara sauce or Pasta sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook squash, cut in half, until al dente. Using a fork, remove spaghetti squash strands from the squash and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce and seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Stir in squash. Place in a casserole dish (or back into the squash halves) and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Greetings to each of you, We've arrived at week 16, our final CSA share of the season. Thank you for your loyalty and support...