This recipe was shared on Pinterest by Joy, who lives with her family in West Chester, Pennsylvania. This recipe and other easy family-friendly recipes can be found on her website, www.joylovefood.com.
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 Kohlrabi bulb, peeled and shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)*
2 Carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)*
1 Apple, diced (about 1 cup)
2 Green Onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
½ cup Raisins
½ cup Walnuts
½ cup Light Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
*(Note: Joy suggests using a food processor fitted with the shredding disc to shred the kohlrabi and carrots.)
1. Place kohlrabi, carrots, apple, green onions, raisins and walnuts in a medium sized mixing bowl, toss to combine.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and cider vinegar to form a dressing.
3. Pour dressing over kohlrabi mixture and toss to combine.
4. Season slaw with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
5. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.