Among the many Asian Noodle Salads to choose from, I selected this one for its versatility and the fresh taste of the lime. This was offered on the Gordon Food Service Store website (Gfsstore.com).
1/4 cup extra virgin Olive oil
2 Tablespoons Fresh GInger, minced (Note from Dee: Use according to your own family’s taste. Try a smaller amount, to taste. You can always add more!)
1 Red Chile, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Cucumbers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
2 Yellow Bell Peppers, thinly sliced ( or 1 red and 1 yellow)
1/2 head Green or Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
1. Add linguine to large pot of boiling water. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
2. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil, garlic, lime juice and chile in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Coarsely chop and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, chopped mint, chopped basil, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers, cabbage and toasted cashews.
5. Add the dressing to the bowl and toss together gently. Garnish with mint and basil leaves and serve.