This recipe was found on the web-site BestRecipeBox.com, and it was featured on Pinterest. It comes together in very little time, and contains ingredients most of us have on hand.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (or boneless thigh meat), cut into small bite sized pieces
1 large carrot, chopped
1-inch ginger root, peeled & smashed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon soy sauce (Use Tamari for gluten free)
4 cups chicken stock
1 bunch of kale, ribs removed and leaves chopped
salt to taste, depending on how salty your stock is
1. Heat medium-sized stockpot on medium heat, then add olive oil. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside. Add carrots, ginger, ground cumin, chili powder and soy sauce. Stir and cook for about 2 more minutes.
3. Add chicken stock. Turn heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer soup on low for about 15 minutes. Skim fat from top of soup occasionally, if needed.
5. Add chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale becomes tender.
6. Serve hot.